About Me

A simple girl that adores her family, loves cooking and a nutritionist that’s trying to promote awareness about nutrition and healthy life style :)

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Guilt free deep fried food!

I have always had passion for deep fried food, but since I started studying nutrition and started to learn how bad they are and how it can contribute for chronic diseases, I always felt bad when I eat them to be honest I stop eating them for a while and then when I see it in front of me I just can`t resist it!
Few months ago I started hearing about this machine that cooks in 1 spoon of oil, I did not care much because I thought it was one of the useless commercial stuff that they always sell in the name of healthy food.
Today my father came and woke me up and told me " yalla benro7 neshtre ele taqle el akel eb qafshat dehen" I was like hmmmmmmm okay.. We went to electrozan and we bought the ACTI-FRI, came back home and I thought of giving it a try!
With a 1/2 table spoon of oil ONLY.. Check the pictures for the results...

first i added the shirmps that has been prepared earlier..




then i added the 1/2 table spoon of oil

then i kept in thier for 12 min, the result was..
the taste was AMAZING, it tasted exaclty like if it was fried.

now i can eat with out feeling bad ;D

* portion size must be wateched, no oil dose not mean calorie free..
PS: if you dont have the ACTI-FRI, The oven would give u the same result by watch the amount of oil you adding

2 comments:

  1. I use cooking spray and shove them into the oven but might try this one somtime soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I saw that itf from Tefal right?

    ReplyDelete